Shop All Ammunition Types
There are many different types of ammunition available for firearms, each with its own characteristics and intended uses. KIR Ammo carries a huge selection of ammo and bullet types. We offer fast shipping and great customer service. We proudly ship from the Great State of Texas and offer bulk/case ammo, inexpensive “plinking” stuff, middle-of-the-road options, and high-end and specialty grade ammunition!
Here is a brief summary of some of the most common types of ammo we keep in our warehouse:
- Pistol ammunition: Pistol ammunition typically includes cartridges in calibers such as 9mm, .45 ACP, and .380 ACP. These cartridges are designed for use in handguns and are commonly used for self-defense and target shooting.
- Rifle ammunition: Rifle ammunition is designed for use in rifles and includes cartridges such as .223 Remington, .308 Winchester, and .30-06 Springfield. Rifle cartridges are often more powerful than pistol cartridges and are used for hunting, target shooting, and military applications.
- Shotgun ammunition: Shotgun ammunition includes shells that are loaded with shot or slugs. Shotguns can be used for hunting, skeet shooting, and home defense.
- Rimfire ammunition: Rimfire cartridges, such as .22 LR, have a rimmed primer that is struck by the firing pin to ignite the powder charge. These cartridges are often used for small game hunting and target shooting.
- Centerfire ammunition: Centerfire cartridges, such as .30-06 Springfield and .308 Winchester, have a centrally located primer that is struck by the firing pin to ignite the powder charge. Centerfire cartridges are used in a wide range of firearms, including rifles and handguns.
- Hollow point ammunition: Hollow point bullets are designed to expand upon impact, creating a larger wound channel and increasing stopping power. These bullets are often used for self-defense.
- Full metal jacket ammunition: Full metal jacket bullets are covered in a thin layer of metal and are designed to penetrate targets without expanding. These bullets are often used for target shooting and military applications.
It is important to use ammunition that is appropriate for your firearm and intended use, and to always follow proper safety procedures when handling firearms and ammunition.
Showing 1–16 of 1300 results